Welcome, Eben Upton of the Raspberry Pi Project!
- Chris just got back from Maker Faire!
- Is there a stigma against “Makers” by engineers by profession? There’s an article at Engineer Blogs about this subject.
- There was an article from the Drive for Innovation stating the engineer’s dislike for Makers as well.
- No one recognized Chris because of his Twitter picture.
- Chris built a 555 boost converter for his bring-along project that then powered some HB LEDs.
- Jeff (MightyOhm) was there presenting his open source hardware Geiger counter and showing it off at his booth
- The commerce side of Maker Faire was really comfortable, it was different than conferences, where you should use fake emails and probably don’t want to buy from anyone.
- We’ll be shooting for a guest every other week from now on, feel free to call us on it if you don’t hear one.
- The crew from Dangerous Prototypes did a fun video on “How To” for Maker Faire. Look for Chris and Bunnie at 1:20 and then Chris later around the 5 minute mark.
Thanks to Eben for talking to Chris during Maker Faire! And thanks to Element14 for helping set up the interview. It was tons of fun.